- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
- Adhering to policies and procedures of Abacus Childcare Providers and compliance with the children’s act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards.
- Working as part of a team.
- To implement the daily routine.
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Working with the nursery nurses on planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children’s individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
- Keeping development records and observations.
- Positive management of children’s behaviour.
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Providing a good role model for students and to help new staff fit in.
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records.
- Supervision of meal times, and where appropriate, preparation of babies bottles, meal and snack times.
- Laundry duties.
- Attendance of staff meetings.
- Participating in regular parents evenings, publicity, open weekends and children’s outings.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
GCSEs at grade C or above preferable (or equivalent qualifications).
Possible permanent position for the right candidate.
Things to consider:
A DBS Check will be required.