Under the direction of the Network Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Acting as first point of contact for IT issues.
- Supporting the management and maintenance of the school networks.
- Maintaining computers, Whiteboard and projectors.
- Installing and maintaining software systems as required.
- Stock control and upkeep of related records and inventory.
- Supporting staff and pupils during lesson as required.
- Maintaining internet access, websites used and permissions granted
- Maintaining user accounts across systems
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software and end user problems.
- Supervising and running the connection to the Internet.
- Managing and developing the use of IPads including related apps that support learning in the schools
- Undertaking periodic safety checks on equipment and materials, reporting findings to Network Manager.
- Working with teachers to develop IT skills across the curriculum
- Managing anti-virus software
The successful candidate will be required to attend training courses as appropriate including in-house training.
It is also expected that you will be able to:
- Exercise confidentiality and discretion at all times;
- Work using your own initiative within school times
- Assist school staff with resources when required;
- ·Be enthusiastic in developing own expertise and skills;
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Network Manager or Head Teacher;
- Undertake professional training and qualifications